Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year... y la misma vaina.

Hello to everyone and to everyone a happy new year! Again it has been a minute I have lost myself form the blogging world buuuut.. I'm back.

Happy 2010 to everyone... I hope that through your efforts this year will be amazing.

So lets get down to business. First of all let me say that I don't believe in new years resolutions I have become a big believer in you wanna do something do it now don't wait for everything to be just right. So he following should not be taken as a new years resolution.

A few weeks back my best friend told me he was going on this diet that only allowed him to drink a mixture of lemon/lime, maple syrup type B (I didnt even know there were more than one type) and cayenne peppers. So I thought he was crazy, and he said he was going to do it for 40 days at this point I thought he had lost his damn mind. So I began to ask around and as it turns out my boss has done this thing about 3 times, so he told me some stuff about it. Then I began to research and found out that its more than just a diet its a cleanser. I had been meaning to do a cleansing for myself and this just struck the right note. So as of Monday January 3rd, 2010 I began on this detox/cleanser regiment.

As the first day went by I fought the urge and boy was it a big urge, what made matters worse I work at a deli where we server about 140 variations of sandwiches. As I struggled to keep my mind from wondering towards food I began to realize how cold it was. (Yes I mean cold as in temperature) Then I thought about the millions of people who spend the night cold and hungry, and even though I am doing this because well clearly I have chosen to but also because I can. Simply put I can do this because I have the choice and I am not FORCED to go hungry. I have seen things in a new light. I have often heard "you won't understand someone unless you are in their shoes" and this is true! very true and now I understand even more. So now those clothing drives that I have organized take one a new meaning, those food/pantry drives that have been a staple event of mine at the college I attended, have become more significant.

I'm not writing this to show off as to my will power, if you are reading this I simply want you to take this one thing from this... There is always someone who has had it worse than you have. With that said please think about those who have less and find a way to give to them, whether its time at a shelter organizing events for the homeless or skipping that morning coffee and donating those $5 to charity!

I would like to leave you with my favorite quote of all time.

"With my will I change myself... With my love I change the other... Together we change the world" Ernesto "Che" Guevara

-Jorge

No comments:

Followers