Sunday, October 25, 2009

Llorar y Llorar... a como salga

Well I'm back... froooom a hiatus I suppose? I don't know... I have actually been back to the site and have read some blogs and have attempted to write a couple only to stop short. Why? I don't know but it happens. Well since my last entry which was a loooooong time ago... I've lived... smiled, laughed, danced, but I have not cried. Which brings me to my topic...

When Men Cry! or don't... in any case.

We all know the age old sayings "boys don't cry" "Stop being a sissy" etc. But why? I mean damn why did we lose our right (0r is it a privilege?) to cry? Now this is a very trivial issue and has been until last night. Last night I went to see "Where the wild things are" with my sisters and pop dukes <<< (notice the slang so not to sound like a sissy). The movie didn't have much appeal to me and only agreed to go to humor my family. If you haven't seen the movie and plan on watching it skip the following 5 lines. Towards the end of the movies when "Max" is returning home "Carol" runs to say good bye to him after he found a heart made of sticks with the letter "C" inside it. But Carol gets there too late and cannot say good bye to Max and proceeds to howl like a wolf...something Max had taught him.

Here is where I choke up and eyes get watery... and I find myself saying... Don't Cry Don't Cry!
So I ask again... why are men not allowed to cry in our social sphere? I'm not saying for men to open the floodgates every time disappointment peaks its ugly head in our lives. However, shedding a few tears is not emasculating is it?

Well, that's that thank you for reading...

1 comment:

AfroLatinBeauty said...

LOL, I didn't read the last few lines because I want to see the movie, but good job for crying! LOL.

Followers