Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Se Me Prendio el Bombillo! (A light went on in my head)


With summer finally feeling like summer (Not to happy with the humidity) and my lackadaisical attitude towards buying an AC, have left me to being "resourceful" in my pursuit of cooler temperature. Let's just say there was some strategic placement of fans. All this got me thinking about the ways people became resourceful in penurious situations. I know you've hear of many of these... Using the Oven as heat (Often because of a tyrant landlord), the infamous sugar water! Hand me downs, and my favorite and this one comes straight from my uncles in CR, wrapping your feet in plastic bags so your school shoes won't be wet and dirty from the rain so they wont get in trouble for a dirty uniform.

******************************************************************************************

Question: What do you do when your next step in life requires you to make a choice between options that you don't wan to choose? I mean we've all had those moments when we are faced with decisions often times we have to choose between options we want to do i.e, the bbq in Queens or the Party in Manhattan. But what about those times where all your choices are... less than desirable to put it mildly? I mean clearly its a lose, lose situation in this case a lose, lose, lose situation since its 3 options.

"Life is GRAND even when it Sucks!"- JFA

...............................................................................................................................................................

2 comments:

XtraOrdinary said...

=) at the first part. Less than desirable choices? Lose^3?! Coffee or bad tea.

~GMC

AfroLatinBeauty said...

LMAO, believe me or not, I was thinking the same exact thing! I learned how to do my hair myself because money spent on beauty can go towards my loans! lol.

well i sometimes make a pros a cons list. pick the best out of all 3 bad situations. its like voting in the democratic primaries. listen to your intuition dear.

Followers