Didn't realize how long it had been since I blogged until I was called out by a fellow blogger. My mind has been sputtering with fragments of ideas, but nothing seems to flow as a whole idea.
Let me try to get back in the swing of things...
This past Sunday I was able to do some pro bono work at the "Washington Heights Children's Health Festival" I know its a mouthful but to tell you the truth it was more soul"full" experience. There is just something about giving back that fulfills the spirit. Granted we were more like worker ants than misionaries, nevertheless people seemed genuinely grateful for our helping hand.
***************************************************************************************************************
Now let get to something juicy!!!
I recently learned about Frances Villar, if you want to know more follow the link. But just in case you don't want to read in depth let me give you a synopsis. Frances is a 26 year old student and mother of two who is in the process of gathering signatures to run for MAYOR of NYC under the Socialist party. This is amazing... A woman running for NYC Mayor and under the Socialist party!!! Wow this is something Che Guevara would be 1) Proud of 2) something he would travel back to NY for.
Admittedly, she will be facing A MILLIONARE and well running under the Socialist party is not necesarily the best thing for her campaign. Of course she didnt have the option of running under Democrat or Republican ticket. With all that said, this should be a land slide win for Villar. Look all women should voter for her. Whether you agree with her points of view or not you should voter for her. I mean look not all black people agree with Obama's points of view heck some of them didnt even KNOW Obama's and yet they voted for him. Also, all of us Men who like women as in heterosexual men should vote for her. Why? Because Men do such at thing. Give women discounts when they ring the up BECAUSE they're a woman, or pardon them from tickets BECAUSE they're a woman.
Ok yes I'm being facetious about this matter... I guess all I want to say is lets be open minded and really think about bring change and I mean abrupt change to NY. What could be more different from a white rich man than a working class dominican woman?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I believe that is all for now... hope you all enjoyed this installment and I hope it not be too long for me to post again ;)
Hasta la Victoria... Siempre!
Jorge

1 comment:
i like the honesty in the first sentence. :D
Post a Comment