Thursday, June 11, 2009

Rain...

I know you agree that the start of this summer has been... less than summer like to put it kindly. It almost seems as if we've had more rainy days since the "official" start of summer than "real" summer days. Yet, as I lay in my bed typing this with some low playing Stevie Wonder I hear as the rain trickles down outside my window at 4:00 am and its so soothing. I've always been an advocate for the rain, if you can call it that; since its going to happen anyway. It (the rain) always stirs up some romantic feeling. However, today it lifts my spirits more than anything. The soothing sound of the rain hitting my window made me think of all the times the rain has been a notable element in my life.

Some people say "You have to have a rainy day to appreciate the sunny ones" I say you have to have sunny days to appreciate the rainy ones. I thought about memorable days I've hand under the rain. Yes, there have been few but they definitely stand out. I remember going up a mountain in Costa Rica during a downpour to get some fruits we call them "Anonas." When I got home I was absolutely drained from the trip.

There are many other memorable rainy days. We can for get the passionate kisses under the rain? Or a Rainy day on vacation that even during the rain we decided to go out and have fun. Jump in the pool during the rain at the Caribe Hilton in Puerto Rico.

I guess this is just my way to put a positive spin on what many people consider a negative act of nature.

So how many rainy days do you remember?

_Jorge_

1 comment:

AfroLatinBeauty said...

I remember all of them for I love them all.

Followers