Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Not knowing and not feeling

My fingers and soul are itching to write, so far nothing but hollowness invade my thoughts. At least that's what I tell myself, but deep down I know it's fear. Fear of reaching down into the depths of a soul that has not been fed properly, a soul that feels abandoned.  I search for words but I know I'm only skimming the surface.  Complex words lead to complex thoughts and those can get you in trouble. 

So I look outward for inspiration, I think of good times, I think of sad times.  I think of home, past, present and future.  What things are, what things aren't and what things will be. When thinking doesn't work I just feel. Feel for the wind, for the sun, for the rain. It all comes to a halt when I realize that I can't feel, I can't feel not because I'm numb but because I never have. 


No comments:

Followers