Thursday, January 3, 2013

To be or not to be... fearless?

     I recently saw a picture of the word "FEARLESS" spelled out in what looked to be scrabble tiles. While I have read this word other times, this time it prompted a reaction but most importantly a question.  Would I want to be fearless all the time?  At first the concept seemed very attractive, in fact it's allure is almost super hero like.  Think about it, to wake up each and everyday without fear of what the day might bring. To have the confidence to take on any and every situation without apprehension.  Surely this guarantees success in all endeavors, or does it? 

     How long would it take for us to find monotony in invincibility or a pseudo-invincibility?  Society, research and our own experiences have certainly taught us that anything that comes easy is soon neglected or taken for granted.  Would a fearless attitude expedite negligence for and about life? I'm reminded of a quote "What would you do if you knew you could not fail." -Robert H. Shuller. Yet another question arises, would that feeling prevail? If you knew you could not fail, would you have the same zest for life?  Wouldn't life be easy for us if this were the case? The question is would life be as enjoyable for us?  

Perhaps above all these questions we should ask ourselves, what is fear? What is my fear? Why is it my fear and what stops me from conquering it?  I am reminded of yet another quote "Fear as an engine, not as a break." - Paulo Coelho.  I'll leave you with the last question which is also the first question. To be or not to be... fearless?



    

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Mi corazon tiene miedo de sufrir"
"Pues dile a tu corazon que el miedo de sufrir es peor que el mismo sufrimiento...y que ningun corazon sifrio mientras iba en busca de sus suenios...porque cada momento de busqueda es un encuentro con Dios y con la eternidad"

Coelho is Brilliant

Followers