Friday, August 6, 2010

Mentiras!

I 've posted about the subject before, one word "truth" I still maintain... some people can't handle it. But let me be a bit more specific, handling truth is not only applicable to receiving or having it "said to you" but also saying it. Therein lies the question, can you handle telling the truth?

I have often heard people say that they withold truth from other people because "they can't handle the truth." But has the question ever been asked... "can you tell the truth?" Notice how hard it is for certain people to say the truth. Granted, no one or few people like hurting other people's feelings. And YES!! Truth can be a hard pill to swallow. Nonetheless, it isn't up to you (or me) to decide whether people can handle the truth. It is more a duty for us to be the bearers of truth rather than the judges.

As I continue to search for "truth" (the undisclosed facts of history) I have noticed that a vast amount of people have a problem with "truth" (the evident facts of our present). I was listening to a speech and in it the orator said "it is harder to be kind than clever." and I've noticed that a lot of us, because we try politically correct tend to walk on egg shells when conversing with our friends or even acquaintaces. Which brings me to the next point. "Politically Correct" it seems to me that this term has become more synonymous with hiding how we truly feel rather than expressing ourselves in a less abrubt manner. Additionally, "politically" or politicians have bad repuation of being liar, to put it bluntly. So why do we strive for it?

In my opinion we have been conditioned somehow to fear truth or bluntness, thus making us frown upon a person who wears their emotions on their sleeves. Of course, everything in excess is bad for you as I've been told. However, I think if we were able to in the microcosm of our lives be more honest then the macrocosm of ourlives will be more positive.

I'm just saying...

Jorge

No comments:

Followers