Monday, May 10, 2010

A mi madre y a todas las mujeres!


As most of you well know yesterday marked the commemoration of "Mothers Day" in the United States (in case you didnt know it is celebrated on different dates in Latin America). I write this blog today because having written it yesterday would have been cliché and clearly that's not my style.

So, about yesterday... as some of you may know I have developed a {how shall I say this} distaste; if you will, for fake or simply superficial holidays. So you know for a fact Valentines day is on my shit list, but that's another blog. For some time now I have decided to take matters into my own hands to celebrate these so called holidays on my own. So my mother's day celebration was at the beginning of the year, as a matter of fact it was in lieu of my birthday celebration. Anyway, not really the point of the blog (Yet another blog topic).

About yesterday, I wake up con un sentimiento de amor. Oh my word it was crazy I haven't felt like that in a long time, I just loved everyone who came in contact with me. Clearly it was mother's day so I showed special attention to MOM dukes!

However, you know me I had to explore this feeling, while extraordinary it was puzzling. I thought about everything I mean everything, happy times (a lot of those this weekend) sad times, friends, foes, beautiful people, ugly people ( ok, ok, I'm being facetious but you get the idea) and yet I couldnt decipher it. I was just greatful and joyous. Than I started thinking of my mom and everything she has done and continues to do every day for my sisters and even for me.

With that said, eventhough she may never read this ( although I've said it to her) MoM I am sooo greatful to have you as my mother. I know for a fact nothings I do in my lifetime can repay or even express how much I love you and appreciate you. And while I was thinking of my mom and how great she is, something else came to mind. THE GREATNESS OF WOMEN!!!

It's no wonder why Women have thier own day... there is no "Man" day.. but there sure as hell is a Women's day.. Hell there's a whole month dedicated to you. And so to not come off as a lambón, and my appreciation is understood. I leave my blog with this...

Of all the elements in the world the most precious and rare (pun intended for those of you who know) Women are the rarest; only you can be delicate and indestructible, liquid and solid, tough and tender. This is why I take my hat off to you WOMEN!

Love,

Jorge

2 comments:

Coco said...

1. Por fin un update!
2. I loved this! I am celebrating Mother's Day today, being that this is the mexican day for it.Your mami has done quite a swell job w/ you!
btw loved the precious & rare ;]

A.R.T said...

i absolutely love this :) <3

Followers