We men sit and complain of our role
We men hang in the streets trying to holla.
and we tell our boys of our dreams but won't even work blue collar,
bitching and moaning of how we got no money at all.
There goes fly "shorty" but we can't even dream of asking for date
a lady that caliber won't look a dude that lame,
Oye mami let me get your name and yet most of us don't know
that history from which we came.
If I had money I would be ok
If I only had the support of my family I wouldn't sit in my couch or just lay
nah dawg I'm too lazy to do anything today.
Well if we men had half the heart that women have things wouldn't be half as bad.
Yesterday I decided to take a sabbatical...a hiatus from life... I did nothing at all. I just went downstairs and sat on my couch.
Yesterday was a day to disconnect from the world, I even deactivated my facebook account for a few days (don't think anyone noticed but who cares).
As I progressed through my day of "nothingness" I watched show such as "Brainman" "First 48 hrs" "SportCenter" and a show on the Animal Channel that reminded me of my dog in Costa Rica, among others. In any event, I watched a large array of shows and as I'm enjoying my Oreos and hot cocoa I started taking mental notes of something that stood out in every show. At first I thought I was over thinking (something I often do or at least I'm told I do) but then it became evident. We men have it easy in this world and yet we dare bitch and complain? And while I am aware that there are circumstances that may impede any given person's opportunity for advancement, it is sickening to see how often MEN find excuses, yes EXCUSAS.. maneras de la incompetencia, to not do what is needed to progress.
What drove it home for me was the show "The First 48 hrs" , at this time may I add, I had a great idea for a business venture that I am very excited about, however, that maybe a few blogs away before you learn about it. Nevertheless, the show for those not familiar with it "follows" homicide detectives throught the first 48 hours of investigation of a murder. Ooh those clever people at A&E. So one of the case was of an 11th greader who was shot and killed as an "innocent" bystander because his cousin was fighting a man who had given him a counterfeit $20 dollar bill on a drug transaction. I know times are rough, believe me I suffer throught this bad economy also, all in all I can't fathom what makes a 18 or 19 year old resort to selling drugs to make money.
I then noticed how the majority of cases presented featured MEN as prime suspects.
My mind began to wonder why this was the case! WOMEN have had a tough time with the economy and they resort to working 2 jobs rather than killing, selling drugs and the like. Of course I'm not oblivous to the fact that there is a significant number of femalesl who have a less the exemplary record.
Once the show was over I continued to ponder on the difference in behavior between men and women and I was reminded of Oveous Maximus' poetry like "Salcedo's Breakdown" and "Con su dulce y con su leche." We men hang in the streets trying to holla.
and we tell our boys of our dreams but won't even work blue collar,
bitching and moaning of how we got no money at all.
There goes fly "shorty" but we can't even dream of asking for date
a lady that caliber won't look a dude that lame,
Oye mami let me get your name and yet most of us don't know
that history from which we came.
If I had money I would be ok
If I only had the support of my family I wouldn't sit in my couch or just lay
nah dawg I'm too lazy to do anything today.
Well if we men had half the heart that women have things wouldn't be half as bad.
Yesterday I decided to take a sabbatical...a hiatus from life... I did nothing at all. I just went downstairs and sat on my couch.
Yesterday was a day to disconnect from the world, I even deactivated my facebook account for a few days (don't think anyone noticed but who cares).
As I progressed through my day of "nothingness" I watched show such as "Brainman" "First 48 hrs" "SportCenter" and a show on the Animal Channel that reminded me of my dog in Costa Rica, among others. In any event, I watched a large array of shows and as I'm enjoying my Oreos and hot cocoa I started taking mental notes of something that stood out in every show. At first I thought I was over thinking (something I often do or at least I'm told I do) but then it became evident. We men have it easy in this world and yet we dare bitch and complain? And while I am aware that there are circumstances that may impede any given person's opportunity for advancement, it is sickening to see how often MEN find excuses, yes EXCUSAS.. maneras de la incompetencia, to not do what is needed to progress.
What drove it home for me was the show "The First 48 hrs" , at this time may I add, I had a great idea for a business venture that I am very excited about, however, that maybe a few blogs away before you learn about it. Nevertheless, the show for those not familiar with it "follows" homicide detectives throught the first 48 hours of investigation of a murder. Ooh those clever people at A&E. So one of the case was of an 11th greader who was shot and killed as an "innocent" bystander because his cousin was fighting a man who had given him a counterfeit $20 dollar bill on a drug transaction. I know times are rough, believe me I suffer throught this bad economy also, all in all I can't fathom what makes a 18 or 19 year old resort to selling drugs to make money.
I then noticed how the majority of cases presented featured MEN as prime suspects.
My mind began to wonder why this was the case! WOMEN have had a tough time with the economy and they resort to working 2 jobs rather than killing, selling drugs and the like. Of course I'm not oblivous to the fact that there is a significant number of femalesl who have a less the exemplary record.
And this made me think of the woman in my life, and I saw how we men need to learn not only a few lessons but a great deal from our lady friends.
That's why I say WE MEN should be more like WOMEN!!!

1 comment:
Thank you for publicizing the contradictions men experience but don't disclose. Sounds like you are an extremely smart man. If more men thought like you, the world would probably be a different place.
Have you noticed that most of the people on "48 hours" are men of color?
Taking a vacation from life is key for Sanity.
Post a Comment